Monday, April 20, 2009

Gearing Up

Haha...well...maybe it's been a while since my first/last post...okay, maybe "a while" is a bit of an understatement... :)

A lot has happened since that Feb 8 post! Things were shaken up a bit back in March, as I got an unexpected phone call from Duke letting me know I was accepted into their Masters of Theological Studies program in the Divinity School. WHOA! I honestly did not expect that - I had actually put the application out of my mind! So, as you could imagine, it kinda threw my world for a spin for a little while as I really started to wonder if I should go to Duke instead (no deferment option...take it or leave it). Well, long story short, I set up a campus visit and Joy came up from VA to stay with me for the weekend. It was a great visit - the people are great up and I seriously considered putting down my admissions deposit...but after praying about it and seeking advice from from respected profs back at OBU, I decided it was not the direction I should go...and that I would continue with SEGUE! So here I am! - full force!! :D

I'm currently working on creating my support video, which I will be sending out to family and friends soon! Please pray for us here at SEGUE as we are recruiting (we're setting up a table at Eastfield College this Thursday and speaking to Mineola FCA Friday!). More updates soon!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you've remained steadfast in your original decision. I can only imagine how tempting it was/is to let that fade away.

    ReplyDelete