During this time of “taking a year off” before continuing with more school (couldn’t have made a better decision!), I have been able not only to rest like I never have before but I have also had time to slow down and really process all I have done and what I want to do. So for this first post I will give you little tid-bits to update you on where I am right now.
I’m living in Dallas and loving it! I’m currently tutoring a 9th grade girl in Algebra, Biology, and Spanish everyday after school. She struggles with ADD and depression…so I’m helping her keep up with her homework and also trying to impart study and organizational skills along the way. It’s a challenge some days, but I think we’re both learning a lot.
As for the next move, you may know I’ve entertained many different options including going right into my masters program (applying to Trinity, Gordon Conwell, and Duke) and teaching English abroad for a year (have applied for Spain and also considered Chile and Peru). BUT all of this has been put off a little longer as of this past week!
So they asked me to be the fourth member of the leadership team - helping get it organized, off the ground, do recruiting, handle the administrative side of things, and teach once it begins (!!). It encompasses so many things I have such a passion for! I can't tell you how excited I am about it!
We are all very excited to get everything underway and to see what the Lord has in store!
So this is where I’ll be for the next year and half or so – we’ll see what happens after that! One thing I’ve learned during this “break”: I’m just not in a hurry! I know I am going to learn so much through this experience...
Well, big pat on the back to you for reading all the way through! I’ll continue to keep you updated on the developments of Segue and other parts of my life here in the big D – and I’d love to hear from you too! Post a comment, shoot me a message, or subscribe!
(pics: Misti and I, Eddie and Rob)
drop by my blog every so often if you can!
ReplyDeleteawesome amy! segue sounds cool! very excited for you.
ReplyDeletecasey
Wow, amy! I'm happy for you. Its awesome to see God working through you and to see you submitting to HIS plan!
ReplyDeleteSo proud that you gave them confirmation of your acceptance! That's a big leap. Welcome the risks and thrive.
ReplyDeletewow that sounds really cool. funny how things like that work out. I guess I won't be convincing you to move to a wartorn country anytime soon? Well, at least you'll be just as far away as everyone else now. Spain was a bit closer. Chile was impossibly far.
ReplyDeleteWhere is the camp?