For the past year or so, I have continually brought this request to the Lord: Lord, please deepen my faith - I want to better trust you.
It's one thing in the asking, it's another in the midst of the refining. There are many different areas in my life where I see the Lord specifically calling me to trust him...a few of them are wrapped up in working with SEGUE... SEGUE is so new that we don't have a pattern to follow or a "well, last year we did it this way..." This certainly keeps it exciting! Mostly, it keeps us dependant on the Lord. We want to be sure that Christ is the foundation and builder...both this year and in the years to come. May we never become settled in the way things are or the way things have been - may we continue to be sensitive to his voice. I know we're all being stretched and grown in this way.
We're also in the same boat as we raise monies for our salaries and SEGUE itself... The Lord has continued to confirm that we're supposed to be here: incredible financial support for some of the staff already, relationships being built with the refugees, the opportunities to boldly share Christ with them, the connections made with area schools and churches, the staff that has been brought together to lead SEGUE...the fact that the staff has remained even after other more "comfortable" opportunities outside of SEGUE have been presented to each one...and so much more. I personally just sent out my support materials this week. In getting it all together, I found myself reasoning through: "Okay, if every person who I send this too would pledge even $10-15/mth, then I would be set...and if everyone doesn't do that, then even if half these people give $30-40/mth, then...." WHOA! Back it up! ...good to know, I guess, but I soon found myself trying to reason it all out and make it happen, forgetting that it is the Lord who leads, guides, and provides...I have done my part for now. Should he lead me in another way of seeking support, then okay. For now, I will wait and pray that those around me will understand the vision and the need...and I will continue working here at SEGUE, knowing that he wants to do far more than we can ask or imagine! Wow - refining process though it may be, it is worth it! Because he is worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Right on, girl. He is showing us something new. SO good!
ReplyDelete